Most of you that follow my blog know that I used to shoot Canon, and about two years ago, I switched to Fujifilm.
When I'm out photographing, people look at my setup and always seem curious about the camera I'm using. It must be Fuji's retro design with the control buttons on the camera's top. Fui produces cameras that its users appreciate, beautiful design, and structure.
The mirrorless X series Fujifilm cameras have a 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor. It's a 1.5 crop sensor body. With a lens attached to the camera, you must multiply the focal length by 1.5. Fujifilm is the industry leader in APS-C format cameras.
One of the reasons I enjoy shooting with Fujifilm cameras is the full manual controls like old film cameras. Once I was used to having so much power at my fingertips without going into some menu screen, it sold me!
My favorite feature is the manual aperture ring on the lens; I can dial in DOF without taking my eye off the subject. You also can set up the camera in A or S priority or go fully automatic by just rotating the dials to the red A. I tend to shoot in manual about 80% of the time and the other 20% in Aperture priority. I have the front and rear command dials programmed to exposure compensation and shutter speed.
Having so much manual control has made me learn how the exposure triangle works, which has led me to adjust to different lighting conditions and take better photographs.
Another thing I like is the Fujicrons primes. These are mostly 2.0 Aperture lenses that are lite, fast focusing, and small, making them a joy to use. I have four primes, and they are fun to use.
Fuji photographers love Fuji's film simulations. These simulations are based on past Fujifilm films and give you digital simulations that look like films. They are fun to play with shooting JPG pictures, or you can shoot in raw and use any of the many simulations available.
I hope you now have a better idea of why I switched to Fujifilm.
Photography should be fun! It's not about the phone or camera brand you're using. Remember, your best photographs result from one thing, making an effort to get out and shoot.
Comments are always welcomed.